Are you college bound? If you are, then you’ll be happy to hear that FAIRWINDS Credit Union is awarding six $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend a two-year or four-year college or university. Each applicant must be a member of FAIRWINDS Credit Union.
Please write an essay (250 - 500 words) on one of the following topics:
- If you could start your own charity today, what would it be and why?
- What financial goal are you working toward?
- What does financial freedom mean to you?
- What steps would you take to reach financial freedom in the future?
The applicants are judged based on numerous factors including the following:
- Letter of recommendation
- Grade point average (GPA)
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities both in school and in the community
- Written essay
We look forward to receiving your application. Email PR@fairwinds.org with any questions regarding the 2020 FAIRWINDS scholarship.